Friday, March 6, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire - Personal Review

Last night I took the time to watch the movie Slumdog Millionaire. Directed by Danny Boyle, co-directed by Loveleen Tandan, and written by Simon Beaufoy. I will give thumbs up for casting, wardrobe, music soundtrack, script and overall theme. But I don't think this movie should be put in the epic position as most are putting it into. The overall subject is highly controversial, this I understand completely, but that doesn't mean I'm going to sympathize with it.

"Slumdog Millionaire was nominated for ten Academy Awards in 2009 and won eight, the most for any film of 2008, including Best Picture and Best Director. It also won five Critics' Choice Awards, four Golden Globes, and seven BAFTA Awards, including Best Film."

Now what the hell is up with that? Why so many awards, considerations and nominations? It was an okay movie but it wasn't that good! I won't give away any freebies, but the controversial parts of the movie were the most sought after and that is probably the reason why so many people consider it in such high regard. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button should have, in my opinion, topped all other films! Now that is an awesome movie!

Take care. Peace out! Namaste and all that good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment